Yes, I still listen to (and prefer) full albums. The last couple of years I put together lists of my favorite albums of the year but never published the lists because I wanted to take the time to write why I liked each one. Well, I found that I always ran out of time and the next thing I knew it was February or March and who wants album of the year lists at that time?
So, I’m making it much simpler (for now anyway). Here is my top ten list. There are another half dozen that I very much liked and could have just as likely been in this list, but I had to cut it off somewhere.
1. Grizzly Bear – Veckatimest
2. Metric – Fantasies
3. Neko Case – Middle Cyclone
4. The XX – XX
5. The Dead Weather – Horehound
6. Amy Millan – Masters of the Burial
7. Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
8. Passion Pit – Manners
9. The Raveonettes – In and Out of Control
10. David Bazan – Curse Your Branches